Megalomedia - Wake up to your news

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

David Emerson is a whore

I figured I would be the first to post an "Emerson is a whore" headline because I'm sure the press will jump all over the defection of a former Liberal MP to the Conservative Cabinet. I mean, last year, when Belinda Stronach crossed the floor before a crucial budget vote, the press was outraged (except the CBC story I just linked, which was kind of criticized). Most columnists aren't available online anymore, but their opinions ranged from this to this and a whole lot worse. Emerson, it turns out, isn't such a big deal. Sure, pundits, like Don Martin on Global last night (not available online) were mad, but the language of the Stronach defection was far gone. In fact, if you Google "Belinda Stronach defection" and "David Emerson defection," the results don't even compare. This is all a bit troubling. Pundits and columnists refuse to use the crude language they used in the Stronach party-swap when commenting on Emerson's. Though I don't usualy make political judgments on this site, I think it's time for one. If the press isn't going to go by the same standards, then I sure will - David Emerson is a whore.

3 Comments:

  • Pfft. Men can't be whores - the worst you can call him is "politician."

    By Anonymous ryan, at 1:23 PM  

  • My boss and I were listening to the coverage of the swearing in and we flipped over to CFRA briefly during Lowell Green's call in show.

    Rest assured JK, I have your explanation.

    See, the reason that there haven't been outraged pundits calling Emerson a whore is because the situation is totally different.

    "Emerson is not propping up a government, it's totally different."

    And there we have it: Because Emerson isn't propping up a government, he isn't a whore.

    That's all I need to hear.

    By Blogger Joe Boughner, at 2:00 PM  

  • be happy you don't work for a chain whose idea of a lead on stronach is "blond ambition met corporate (something or other blah blah)" in a story about stronach addressing a luncheon in toronto. first off, it's not a story. more importantly, who gives a flying fuck what colour her hair is? no one ever calls harper a teeny-eyed tory or mentions that mackay looks like an easter island head or even what colour anne maclellan's hair is. grrrr. so um, yeah. boo sexism.

    By Anonymous is this why they won't let me immigrate?, at 1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home